Intravenous Therapy in Your Home
VNA Home Health offers specialty services that include intravenous (IV) therapy for home health patients. As part of this service, VNA makes all necessary arrangements for medications and IV equipment.
Our IV program includes intravenous therapy for the following patient care needs and conditions:
- Total parenteral nutrition
- Antibiotic therapy
- Steroid therapy for MS patients
- Colony stimulating factors
- Chemotherapy and nausea control
- Pain management
- Central line catheter maintenance
- Specialty infusion for chronic disease management
To deliver the quality our patients deserve, our registered IV nurses are specially trained in infusion drug administration and line maintenance. They follow national standards of practice established by the Infusion Nurses Society and are highly skilled in clinical monitoring of IV therapy. VNA’s IV nurses also have extensive experience teaching patients and their regular caregivers how to administer medications intravenously.
Many of our IV team RNs are certified by the Intravenous Nurses Certification Corporation and hold the Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI®) credential, the only nationally recognized and accredited certification in infusion nursing. To ensure best practices and up-to-date services, our RNs’ skills in IV therapy are revalidated annually.
To find out if you qualify for IV therapy services from VNA Home Health, please read our home health qualification guidelines. Additional admission requirements for IV therapy services include:
- You must have immediate access to a telephone.
- Your home environment must provide adequate conditions for home infusion therapy.
- You and your regular caregiver must understand the procedures and potential side effects of IV therapy and agree to the treatment plan.