Mental Health Nursing in the Privacy of Your Home
VNA Home Health offers homecare across a wide range of health-related disciplines, including mental health. If you experience acute episodes or exacerbation of mental illness, VNA can help.
Our mental health nursing team provides the following home health services:
- Assessment of your mental status, level of functioning, coping skills and home environment safety
- Assessment of your home safety environment during outpatient electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Education of disease processes and illness management for you and your regular caregivers
- Stress management techniques, communication skills, coping mechanisms and behavior modification
- Medication teaching and assessment
- Administration of intramuscular decanoates with close monitoring for adverse reactions
- Assessment for any additional services you may need, including medical home health or community programs
- Assistance with your transfer to a more appropriate home setting if necessary, such as an apartment, assisted living facility, retirement center or residential care facility.
To find out if you qualify for mental health nursing from VNA Home Health, please read our home health qualification guidelines. Additional admission requirements for mental health nursing services include:
- You must have an acute (short-term) problem or a chronic problem with acute exacerbation.
- You must cooperate with the plan of care and the VNA Home Health mental health team.
- You must not pose a threat to self or others.
- Homebound exceptions for mental health home care:
- May not have physical limitations.
- Illness prevents ability to leave home at all or requires assistance by another person for emotional support and/or coping management.